Happy May! I cannot believe 2015 is almost 1/2 over already. Where has the year gone? I’m starting a new job this month, and I’m so freaking excited. And nervous. Really freaking nervous. It’s always a little scary starting something and somewhere new, when you’ve had a safe life so far. Starting something new isn’t safe. But, I’m hoping it’ll be exciting and fun.
Now, onto what this blog is really about. Books. I’m very behind on my Goodreads 2015 goal, but I’m hoping to be only slightly behind after the end of the May. What will help me towards only being slightly behind by the end of the month is that I’m participating in Bout of Books 13. This will be the third time I’ve participated in this read-a-thon, and I’ve really enjoyed it in the past.
What Bout of Books is all about:
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
My TBR the first 1/2 of the month of May and possible Bout of Books 13 TBR are the following books/graphic novels/comics:
These are just what I have on the list for now.
Also for the month of May, I can finally join in on Year of Cosmere. I read the Mistborn trilogy in January, and February through April those were the books the group started with. This month, the two Brandon Sanderson books that the group will be reading are:
I’m very excited about reading these! I loved loved loved the Mistborn trilogy, and I think Brandon Sanderson does an excellent job with world building and creating characters that are just phenomenal.
So, the reading plans for the month of May!